Hard to believe, but I now have 4 months of backpacking under my belt. Although I feel like I’ve graduated from my newbie backpacker status, I still learn new things every day.
I thought I would take a moment today and share with you 10 of my most recent observations about the crazy world of a backpacking.
- Lack of laundry facilities means spilling something on myself is 100 times more devastating.
- After four months it has just becomes easier to refer to ourselves as Keit and Jawn.
- When leaving a hostel that has hot water, we shower like we will never see hot water again.
- Buffet breakfast? Watch out, we will make three meals out of it
- Free Coffee? Watch out, Kate will make three meals out of it
- If I am not wearing underwear by noon, I won’t wear any all day. That’s a waste.
- If I have to pee when I’m in a bed with mosquito netting, I will opt to do the potty polka until morning.
- Somewhere in Costa Rica, someone is giving out free Jack Johnson CD’s to every citizen. We just aren’t sure where.
- Some people need the sound of waves, crickets or whales to fall asleep, I’m pretty sure when I get home I’ll need a sound machine that plays bad karaoke, howler monkeys and people humping.
- Date night’s consist of a box of cooking wine, a bag of plantain chips and being in bed by 9
So there you have it. A little insight into the glamorous world of backpacking.
What other tips about backpacking do you want to hear?
Follow me on Twitter:@caketress