Things are getting serious here on the packing front. With 3 days to go, I’m feeling fairly organized. Although I am still unsure of how things are going to go once I actually attempt to put all these glorious items into Tatonka! For those of you who know me well, it will come as no surprise that I’ve been Youtubing “packing techniques“. This link is likely how it will go down.
Lots of stuff to cover, so lets dive right in. First, let’s take a gander at my toiletry bag, and all the goodies that are inside.
This is my fabulous Roots travel bag that folds out into a toiletry case that you can hang on the back of a door. It makes it so much easier when you are staying in places with small bathrooms, as it clears up the counter space. Wanna see what’s inside??
So starting from the top left:
- Makeup Case, for those of you who missed it, check out my post Makeup for Travellingl to see what’s inside!
- Diva Cup and Diva Cup Wash. Won’t go into to much detail, but seriously a travelling girls best friend!
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Facewash. The facewash has an exfolliant in it to help me scrub off all the suncreen, salt and sweat!
- Body Glide- I use this when I’m running races in hot climates, and thought it might come in handy here. It basically makes sure you don’t end up chaffing during long sweaty workouts/hikes.
- Next Row: Two pairs of earrings. Cheap, easily replaceable
- My uber cute travel electronic toothbrush and some replacement heads
- Bug spray, a MUST! full size and travel size
- Deoderant, another must!
- Two containers of sunscreen, Shaun is also bringing some, because for some reason he’s not keen on my shimmery stuff!
- Razor and Razor heads
- Last row: Nail polish. Pedicure is happening today, and I’m planning on just slapping this colour on my toes continually for five mos!
- Eye cream from Lotus. A recent Sephora purchase that I just feel I can’t live without
- Hair Ties
- Meds!! Have a mother who is an RN, I’m prepared for EVERYTHING. So, in no particular order I have Pepto, Gravol, anti-diarrhea pills, Benedryl for any strange reactions and to be honest, upon writing this, I have one set of pills that are a mystery to me. Note to self, seek clarification prior to departure!
- Lastly, manicure stuff. Gotta keep those nails short, and those brows tweezed!
This next batch of goodies include things that will help me cure a disease that effects both myself and my loved ones HANGER (Hunger+Anger). Once my blood sugar plummets, I am not a peach, and become senorita hangrypants!
- Quest Bars-Oh how I love thee. You better believe I’ll be getting my mom to bring more of these babies down for me when she comes for Christmas
- Almond Butter- I’m a nut butter fiend! This little jar will keep me going until I can find a suitable substitute down there.
- The rest of it- Headlamp, clip to attach my water bottle, sunglasses, waterproof bags
- What’s the stuff in the plastic bag?? Wellll, many of you know I paint faces as a part time job, so I’m bringing a couple supplies in case I get the opportunity to make some little gaffers into rainbow butterflies! (I guess they could be big gaffers too!)
I guess these aren’t ALL fitness goodies but many are. Starting from the top.
- Sleeper sheet, in case we run into any sketchy bed situations
- Hats. I’m still debating the white one. I know I’ll get tons of wear out of it, but it doesn’t travel well, so it likely won’t fit in my bag.
- Walking runners and workout runners
- My band, I talked about this in my Staying Active While Travelling Post
This is everything that I’ll be carrying in my daypack to start off with (and yes, I’m named her Titty Tonka, cause it makes me laugh everytime I type it!)
- Sketch Book and Pens- I’ve been doing so much art lately, I couldn’t imagine not having something to draw with while down there.
- Three starter books, they will undoubtedly be read within the first week.
- Flip Flops to wear when we get off the plane
- Charger and ear buds for Iphone (not pictured, since it was taking the picture!)
- Notebook with all of our important numbers in it. I’ve also documented a whole bunch of workouts in it as well!
- Our map
- Extra meds and Quest Bars for the travel period
- Our netbook, camera and their chargers. We bought the netbook used, and it’s pretty slow. Thanks to some magic from my favourite IT guy, it’s up and running slightly faster. In fact, I’m trying it out today for the first time writing this post! The camera is my moms. I use my iphone for everything, but it’s been acting up lately. I wanted to bring a camera to start off with to see if I get any use out of it. If I like it, I’ll get her to bring one down for me when she comes in December
PHEW! The longest post, on the smallest netbook known to man. I’ve love to hear your thoughts. What am I missing? What should I leave at home?
What are you travel packing secrets? Any tips on how I can fit all this in my bag?
Next post will be travel day!! hurray!